There are so many things you could fit into one long weekend, it’s hard to pick just a few. But we managed. Here are some of our favourite ways to indulge yourself this Easter, all of which you can do when you book a weekend break at one of our beautiful forest locations…
1.Treat yourself to a new experience. You’ve probably heard of paddle boarding – but have you tried it? There’s no better place than on the waters of the River Wye and there’s nothing more invigorating than learning a new skill to boost your mood for the rest of the weekend.
2. Taste something different, like a unique Cheddar aged in cool dark caverns deep beneath the Welsh mountains. Of course, to get there you need to travel 500 feet underground on Britain’s steepest cable railway, traverse down rocky, rough-hewn pathways into a slate mine, and step back 160 years into the past. Trust us, it’s worth it.
3. What could be a better way to pamper yourself than a private spa day in a peaceful woodland cabin? Relax and enjoy views of the spring sunshine dappling the trees as your personal therapist gives you an organic body treatment or soothing scalp massage.
4. Refresh your spirits with a bike ride through the deep forest, along woodland trails and gentle family-friendly slopes. All that fresh spring air is the perfect way to blow out the cobwebs of winter.
5. You might not be the only member of the family looking forward to an Easter break. Your four-legged friend loves to holiday with you – but it’s so hard to find somewhere that has plenty of long, rambling walks, deliciously new smells, pet-friendly cafes and a dog bed right by the fire. Treat your dog to a weekend in a forest cabin, they deserve to be spoilt too.
6. Refresh your palette with a fabulous taste experience and discover a new favourite tipple at the same time, on a beer tour in Yorkshire. Learn more about the beer making process and range of craft beers, brewed in Yorkshire from local ingredients.
7. Sometimes all you want is to treat yourself to some peace and quiet. If your dream Easter weekend involves complete solitude, then hike your way up to the top of a mountain. Look out over lochs and rivers, enjoy breath-taking views across the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park, sit surrounded by nature – and breath in deeply. Serenity in Scotland.
8. Book a break at one of our beautiful UK locations and enjoy a night away from the kitchen with a sumptuous five course menu – prepared for you in the comfort of your cabin by a personal chef. Discover amazing new foods in five-star style.
9. Taking time for your own wellbeing shouldn’t really be a treat, but more of a regular activity. If you don’t get much time to concentrate on yourself, Forest Bathing is a simple and effective way to start. Immerse yourself in the natural world around you and let the stress melt away.
10. We think of Easter and we picture fresh flowers, baby bunnies and a gently warming spring sun, but of course we are also used to our wonderful British weather. If the weather does change, we’re ready for it. There’s nothing quite so indulgent as sliding down into the steaming waters of your personal hot tub as the snow falls gently around you.
Book yourself an Easter weekend getaway now, and make sure you’ve got treats lined up to look forward to. It will make the frosts of winter fly by all that much faster.