Top 10 family holidays in the UK
- Adventure holidays in Ardgartan Argyll, Scotland
- Family-friendly adventures in Strathyre, Scotland
- Adrenaline pumping adventures in Keldy, North Yorkshire
- Family-friendly cycling in Cropton, North Yorkshire
- Outdoor adventures at Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire
- Family-friendly fun at Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
- Explore the local area at Blackwood Forest, Hampshire
- Reconnect with nature at Thorpe Forest, Norfolk
- Family-friendly fun at Deerpark, Cornwall
- Adrenaline pumping adventures at Beddgelert, Wales
Can you imagine the thrill of climbing a steep rock face to reach the top and take in the views? Or delving into the deepest cave to discover the beauty of an underground world? Do you relish the feeling the wind in your face, your heart pumping, as you challenge yourself to achieve something amazing? Are you ready for an adventure?
If you love the thrill of an action packed adventure holiday for your family or friends, book a cabin in the forest, where you’ll find an activity for every age, and the chance to try something new or build on skills you already have. It’s time to discover amazing adventures in Britain’s forests.
1. Adventure holidays in Ardgartan Argyll, Scotland
Ramp it up with some river sledging at Ardgartan Argyll in Scotland, or enjoy an exciting experience scrambling rocks, plunging into beautiful clear pools!
2. Family-friendly adventures in Strathyre, Scotland
For a truly special adventure, head north to Strathyre for a private Forest Ranger tour, ending with a luxury picnic in a secret spot known only to a select few.
3. Adrenaline pumping adventures in Keldy, North Yorkshire
Thrill seeking, adrenaline pumping adventures are plentiful on a break at Keldy in North Yorkshire. Enjoy a spot of air rifle shooting with the older children or enjoy an exhilarant experience whizzing down Keldy’s 100-metre zipwire - perfect for all the family!
4. Family-friendly cycling in Cropton, North Yorkshire
For all those cyclists out there you will find plenty of magnificent routes for a full day cycling across the North York Moors starting out from Cropton in North Yorkshire.
5. Outdoor adventures at Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire
Feel like a famous outlaw as you shoot a bow, or crossbow in Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire. Or discover the beautiful Creswell Crags upon horseback.
6. Family-friendly adventures at Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
Explore the show caves of Clearwell Caves near Forest of Dean, a deep labyrinth of old mines that you can explore at your own pace, discovering wonders such as Skeleton Pool; a tranquil underground lake.
7. Explore the local area at Blackwood Forest, Hampshire
Witness the beauty surrounding you as you embark on a private microlight experience at Blackwood Forest in Hampshire.
8. Reconnect with nature at Thorpe Forest, Norfolk
Looking for a gentle family activity? Plan a canoe trip down the river at Thorpe Forest in Norfolk and reconnect with nature and each other.
9. Family-friendly fun at Deerpark, Cornwall
Join us at Deerpark for a tour of the explosive mines, learn the stories behind ruins and watermills, or join the children as they discover more about the natural world around them, with Geology Rockhounds and Pond & Stream Dipping.
10. Adrenaline pumping adventures at Beddgelert, Wales
Stay at Beddgelert and climb higher than the treetops with a rock climbing adventure! No trip would be complete without a trip to Zip World, with something for the whole family, not to mention adrenaline junkies!