Environmental policy statement
Last updated: 29 June 2021
We believe passionately in the power of the forest for the well-being of both people and nature. Our core focus is to protect this rich environment for future generations. The appreciation and enjoyment of this environment are central to the Forest Holidays experience and we recognise our responsibility to protect the environment in which we operate. We are not only responsible for how we conduct business within our forests but also for preserving the environment for our guests, visitors, employees, and neighbours to enjoy for years to come. Our aims are:
- To provide information and education to our employees, customers, neighbours, and business partners to understand the natural environment and foster an active commitment to its improvement.
- To reduce our energy and resource consumption wherever possible.
- To have recycling schemes so waste produced is dealt with in an environmentally friendly manner.
- To support the conservation of non-renewable resources and favour the use of renewable resources from sustainable sources.
- To conduct our work in such a way as to ensure no harm is done to wildlife, the landscape, and natural resources.
- To maintain a friendly environment for the local wildlife, giving guests the opportunity to share their holiday locations with interesting flora and fauna.
- To ensure that our suppliers and business partners support our environmental policy.
- To monitor and review our environmental performance.
In addition to joining green awarding bodies in the UK, including the Green Tourism Business Scheme (GTBS), the core value embedded in our culture is to protect the forest today and tomorrow.
Chief Executive Officer