Environmental policy statement
Last updated: August 2019
AT FOREST HOLIDAYS, WE ARE PRIVILEGED TO BE SITUATED IN BEAUTIFUL BUT
OFTEN OVERLOOKED CORNERS OF THE UK'S FORESTS. OUR PROMISE IS TO HELP THE
FORESTS THRIVE, SO THAT THEY ARE BETTER THAN EVER FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS.
The natural environment is central to our business ethos and we believe it is our responsibility to care
for Britainâ€™s forests, to provide favourable conditions for wildlife to thrive and to enhance the
environment around us.
Our environmental commitments are a natural extension of our company purpose and we recognise
our responsibility to protect and enhance the environments in which we operate.
Our aims are:
- to provide information and education to our employees, guests, neighbours and business partners
- to understand the natural environment and inspire an active commitment to its improvement.
- to reduce our energy and non-renewable resource consumptionâ€™ wherever possible.
- to be committed to reducing and preventing waste and finding the best ways to reuse and recycle
in an environmentally friendly manner.
- to favour and maximise the use of renewable resources from sustainable sources.
- to conduct our work in such a way so as to protect the forestâ€™s wildlife, the landscape and natural
- to work independently and with local organisations to enhance habitats in order to increase
biodiversity, giving guests the opportunity to share their holiday with native flora and fauna.
- to ensure that our suppliers and business partners support our environmental policy.
- to monitor and review and continuously improve our environmental performance.
- in addition to joining green awarding bodies in the UK, including the Green Tourism Business Scheme
(GTBS), the core value embedded in our culture is to protect the forest today and tomorrow.
Chief Executive Officer, Forest Holidays