As October gives way to November, there is finally a crispness to the air which draws us outside to explore the autumnal landscape. Here are 10 good reasons, in pictures, to come on a Forest Holiday this autumn.
1. Golden days as autumn comes to Blackwood Forest. Spot the den!
2. Sherwood Forest. Wellies on, wrap up warm, it’s time for an autumn walk with friends and family. With the roast cooking gently in the oven, a stroll through the forest is just the ticket to work up an appetite.
3. The beech canopy is thinning at Blackwood Forest and making space for the autumn sunshine to warm the forest floor
4. As Zak patrols the Deerpark forest, the autumn sun breaks through with unexpected brightness
5. Playtime at the Forest of Dean – autumn leaves are just so much fun!
6. Autumn is every bit as romantic as spring. Make the most of shortening days and lengthening evenings. Mellow walks along leafy forest trails savouring the autumnal sunshine, followed by cosy evenings in, wood-burner aglow and a romantic film to watch.
7. Deerpark looks particularly beautiful in the autumn. As the geese take flight for warmer climes, the low sun glints on the lake and somehow makes us already nostalgic for the year that is almost past.
8. A sea of autumn leaves at Sherwood Forest.
9. Learning with the Forest Ranger. Think back to your childhood; autumn is a time of fascinating change. We didn’t know it then, but we were learning about nature and the cycle of life.
10. Look up; the autumn night sky is getting interesting. Don’t miss the Leonid meteor shower on 17th or 18th November. And if you can watch from a hot tub in the middle of the forest, all the more enjoyable.
We hope you like these autumn tree pictures and other autumnal images from around our Forest Holiday locations. To see them for real, you will need to book now, before the first frosts of winter transform the landscape once more.