Boasting idyllic countryside views and close connections to the market towns of Cinderford, Coleford, Lydney, and Newent, choose how you explore Gloucestershire. Discover deep wooded forest, underground caves, craft centres and steam railways. Explore the Forest of Dean and catch a glimpse of the wildlife that roams free here including the wild boar. Our family appropriate cosy hot tub cabins at Forest of Dean are just a short car journey away from all this and more. Enjoy self-catering accommodation with a personal hot tub nestled in the woodland or situated in an open meadow glade. Why not join our Forest Ranger on a Nocturnal Adventure for a true forest experience – you might even catch a glimpse of the infamous wild boar!
Meandering River's and forest pathways to discover
Head to the city and birthplace of Robin Hood or discover Sherwood Pines magical forest setting. Wander the forest floor by foot or swing through the trees at Go Ape on the tree top adventure. Book this exciting extra with your Forest Holidays break and save 10%. The beautiful pine tree forest covers 3,300 acres of woodland and only a short 20-minute drive to our cabins at Sherwood Forest, making it the perfect base for your next break.
Popular activities in Nottinghamshire to try:
• Hire Segway’s at Go Ape for an exhilarating experience through the forest.
• Cycle your way through Sherwood Pines and take on the routes as a family.
• Wheelgate theme park – the little one’s adventure haven!
Connect closer to nature on a bike ride through the forest
The beauty of the North, home to the stunning heather moorlands and the infamous Yorkshire tea! Experience the bustling seaside coast or explore the natural beauty of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park. Our two locations at Cropton and Keldy are situated a stones throw away from all this and more. Choose between a delightful woodland meadow or a grassy, sunlit glade.
Yorkshire’s must do when you are visiting:
• Cycle through Dalby Forest - find the route that fits all family members.
• North Yorkshire Moors Railway – Enjoy train spotting and head to Hogsmeade station from Harry Potter.
• Visit the Yorkshire coast of Scarborough and end the day with fish and chips by the sea.
Soak up the stunning sea views in North Yorkshire
Known for its rural landscapes yet close enough to the lively cities of Manchester and Liverpool, Cheshire has it all. Wander through the cobbled streets lined with boutiques, quirky cafés and medieval architecture or discover the stunning countryside. Our new location Delamere Forest in Cheshire is nestled deep in beautiful woodland, surrounded by thick broadleaf and evergreen trees.
Take part in these exciting attractions in Cheshire:
• Alpaca walks – get up close with a friendly alpaca on a forest walk and after treating yourself to a well-earned afternoon tea.
• Cheshire Aqua Park – family favourite, bounce your way through the obstacles, swing yourself onto the next section before sliding into the water.
• Go Ape tree top adventure in Delamere Forest – climb, balance and swing your way through the trees. Save 10% when you book with us directly!
Try new experiences in the forest
Home to beautiful forest views, flowing rivers and snow-capped mountains, Snowdonia is the perfect choice for explorers looking to walk, cycle or hike on their next holiday. Our cabins at Beddgelert sit in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park and with just 16 cabins dotted amongst the trees, bordered by a tumbling river it is the perfect setting for an intimate break for adventurers. Switch off completely after a day of exploring and sink into your own hot tub under the stars with the mountains as your views and sheep as your neighbours.
Inspiration for fun things to do in Snowdonia:
• Zip World – push yourselves to try something new and enjoy the views of Snowdonia National Park from above.
• Hike Coed-y-Brenin Forest Park – features an exciting adventure playground and picturesque picnic spots for a refuel.
• Glaslyn Wildlife Visitor Centre – learn something new and discover wildlife facts together.
Hiking made easy with these breathtaking views
Offering lush countryside to explore, stunning coastlines to take in and the buzz of London close by you will be spoilt for choice in Hampshire. Explore the New Forest and spot wildlife on a woodland walk with the whole family. All this can be found close by to our cabins at Blackwood Forest, set deep in a 270-hectare of beech forest in the rolling countryside of Hampshire. Sit back in your bubbling hot tub adjacent to your serene log cabin to the view of towering beech trees overhead whilst planning your next adventure.
Attractions to visit in Hampshire:
• Peppa Pig World – little ones will adore this dedicated theme park, complete with Peppa’s house.
• Alice Holt Forest – full of exciting walking and cycling routes for you to explore and home to treetop thrills at Go Ape.
• Marwell Zoo - see over 180 exotic and endangered species in 140 acres of parkland.
Challenge yourself to new heights
Home to seaside towns, untamed moorland, river valleys and of course the Cornish Scone there is so much fun to be had in Cornwall. Bring your bucket and spade and discover the stunning coastline and harbour towns. For rainy days, head to The Eden Project to experience the exotic indoor rainforest. All of this can be enjoyed when staying at our idyllic waterside cabins at Deerpark. The peaceful millpond setting offers a unique holiday experience with a plethora of forest walks from your cabin doorstep. Unwind in your cosy cabin next to your log burning stove before heading out on a Forest Ranger activity.
Explore Cornwall further with these fun days out:
• The Eden Project – no visit to Cornwall is complete without a day here, described as "possibly the best natural playground ever."
• Newquay zoo – visit the world’s rarest and most exciting creatures, from big cats to creepy crawlies.
• Looe seaside – take a trip to the small coastal town of Looe. Meander your way through the quirky shops or fishing port.
Wander sleepy seaside towns with hidden coves
Expect stunning coastlines, magical waterland and unspoilt landscapes. Explore 47,000 acres of forest with trails to suit all abilities both on foot or on your bike, simply follow the forest path to see where it takes you. Our cabins at Thorpe Forest sit beside the banks of the River Thet in Norfolk making it an idyllic location. Choose between a cabin in the delightful open glade or immersed in the woodland forest.
Local attractions in Norfolk to try:
• Bewilderwood – explore the magical woodland forest together
• Banham Zoo – say hello to the monkeys, elephants and other animals that live here.
• Norfolk broads – choose how you spend your family day out here: Cycle, Walk, Sail or Fish!
Learn something new about the wildlife at Banham Zoo
With so much to see and do in Scotland we’ve combined this section into one. Both Ardgartan Argyll and Strathyre are surrounded by pine-covered forest offering loch and mountain views. Ardgartan Argyll is a truly breath-taking location for a weekend or week-long stay. Hop aboard the Loch Lomond cruise and take in the sights or hire a canoe to explore Scotland’s largest freshwater loch by yourself. Ardgartan Argyll is also close by to Inveraray and its many attractions including Inveraray Castle, to the seaside resort of Helensburgh. Strathyre is situated in the enchanting Queen Elizabeth Forest Park, making it ideal for those of you seeking adventure. Our Golden Oak Lochside cabins at Strathyre have stunning views of Loch Lubnaig, surrounded by thick forest and snow-capped mountains. Explore wild landscapes to bustling cities like Stirling and a little further afield Edinburgh.
Scotland highlights to discover:
• Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park: With plenty of activities to choose from you can fill a few days here.
• Iveraray Castle – explore the stunning castle with your prince and princesses.
• Sealife Sanctuary at Loch Lomond – when the weather isn’t on your side, plan a day trip here to keep the kids enthralled.
• Stirling Castle – another magnificent historical visit, witness the views for yourselves on a fun family day out.
• Blair Drummond Adventure & Safari Park – Pack a picnic as it promises “the wildest day out in Scotland” for the whole family!
• Hamilton Toy collection – head to this family run business to see a collection of toys that spans almost two centuries.
Peaceful Loch views in Scotland