Team Forestipedia | Sharing all the best tips and secrets of the forest
We love autumn here at Forest Holidays - the changing colours, the smell of mince pies cooking in the oven, beginning the countdown to Christmas... and so many more! In fact, we love autumn so much that we've put together a list of not 10, not 20, but 31 reasons why we think it's the best season of them all! What would you add to our list?
1. The changing colours of the trees creatingâ€¦
2. â€¦an abundance ofÂ photo opportunitiesÂ of the breath-taking scenery.
3. Leaves to kick and gambol in.
4. The soothing crunch of fallen leaves underfoot.
5. Seeing the springâ€™s baby animals all grown up.
6. Golden mornings
7. Being able to watch the sunrise without getting up too early!
8. Itâ€™s not too cold yet with the fresh but sunny air.
9. The atmosphere in the evening.
Stroll through the autumnal forest
10. Autumn fruits and vegetables.
11. Comfort food.
12. Itâ€™s a great excuse for an extra cup of coffee.
13.Â Warming autumn dinnersÂ â€“ casseroles, pies, soups, etc, mince pies (theyâ€™re not just for Christmas) and hot chocolate â€“ need we say more?
14. Digging out those much-loved fluffy jumpers, woolly hats, and cuddly scarfs.
15. Shopping the new season fashion.
16. Hot water bottles.
Take a break at the Forest Retreat
18.Â An extra hour when the clocks go backÂ â€“ spend it in bed, getting active, in the hot tub, or however you choose!
19. Darker evenings give you the perfect excuse to relax in front of the telly becauseâ€¦
20. â€¦the many favourites return! â€“ X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing, The Apprentice, Children in Need, etc.
21. Conkers season gives the family a game to play and strategically places ones also keep spiders out of the house (supposedly).
22. Pumpkin carving.
23. Having the fire on giving youâ€¦
24. â€¦the perfect excuse to cuddle up.
Relax in style together in the Golden Oak Hideaway cabin
25. The kids are back at school untilâ€¦
26. â€¦October half term and all the fantastic family adventures that come with it.
27. 'Trick or Treating' on Halloween.
28. Toasting marshmallows on Bonfire night.
29. Enjoying the calm before December, Christmas, and New Year.
30. The Christmas markets start popping up in November.
31. And last, but by no means leastâ€¦ Itâ€™s almostÂ ChristmasÂ so let the festive countdown begin!!
Christmas is not complete without a visit to Santa